17 year old suffering from severe anxiety. Stopped schooling. What are the risks involved in using escitalopram?

My 17 yr old son is suffering terribly with anxiety and we have been trying several therapies including seeing apsychologist kinieseology taking st johns wort and fish oil. He has had trouble with this on and off since he was little and has left school to start a bricklaying apprenticeship since the beginning of this year and his beloved best friend his dog died a month ago. His anxiety is crippling and was wondering if escitalopram would be worth considering , What are the risks for him
Asked On : Sun, 8 Aug 2010