17 year old son had 2 episodes of spontaneous pneumo-thorax (20% collapse). Surgery advisable ?

My 17 year old son has had 2 episodes of spontaneous pneumo- thorax (20 percent collapse), 2 months apart. Fine in between. Trying to decide on the surgery or waiting it out... We have minimal health insurance (this is the USA afterall!), so I m secondarily concerned about costs. Again, we go into this situation blind about the costs. No one even knows! First episode involved ER chest tube in for 12 hours, then all fine. Some episodes of intense pain. All surgery involves some risk. Just trying to weigh them all...
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012