17 year old having white patches and blemishes on the forehead and cheeks. Tried different creams. Cure?

Hi, am a 17 years old female that have been having a problem with ( what am guessing) a skin pigmentation since I was 11. And it´s basically light almost white spots on my forhead and cheeks. This starts appearing in the summer and whenever I go out when it´s very hot ouside. I try to wear sunscreen and whenever I forget I get red blemishes on the same part of my face ( forehead and cheeks) instead of light spots. I have tried to go to a doctor and I have been recommended different creams but it haven´t helped. I want to know what this is and what I can do...
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012