17 year old having burning in the knee cap after exerting. Recovers by itself. Family history of arthritis. Is this normal?

i am 17 and doing some excersizes on the nintendo wii when i had to stop because of this burning in my knee caps and felt like my legs were shaking, it is the first time i got it, my family have a history of knee problems like artheritus. after i sat down for 5-10 mins it began to wear off. is this normal? do you know what it could be?
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
This was nothing but doing exercises first time without your knee muscles are accustomed to it. I would suggest you to do stretching before exercising and then gradually increases exercise time and never force your body too much. Arthritis is not a familial disease and if you control your weight you will be free form it.