17 year old diagnosed with Mononucleosis. Any advice for quick recovery? Feeling tired

Thank you, My son is a 17 year old Football Player who was diagnosed with Mononucleosis He is very depressed and agitated with missing football practice and missing school. Is there any advice to his mother to help along quick recovery. His appetite is good ,no fever . coloring in face is good, but complains still of fatigue . I am not sure if spleen is still swollen since he has not been checked by a Doctor in six days. I appreciate all of your advice, and a big Thank You.
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012