17 year old child, very short, wants to grow tall. Taking calcium syrup, tablets. Will these effect kidneys?

my son is 17 years old he has 5.6 height so he is looking short but i want to make him taller 6 fit so i want to give him calcium syrup or tablet but i scared that most of people talking about that it is dangerous because calcium damage the kidneys . is it right of it is fake. can i give him calcium 500mg twice a day please suggest me
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
Thank you for choosing HCM.
I dont think you should give him a calcium syrup or tablet twice a day, just a multivitamin tablet would be fine. Keep him on a high protein diet and ask your son to do basic stretching exercises , engage in playing basketball and volley ball.
Thank you and take care