17 year old. Blood in stool and in vomit. Endoscopy, colonoscopy done. What could be the problem?

Hi Dr Charles, 2 and a half weeks ago my 17 yr old son vomited a large amount of blood and an endoscopy revealed 3 bleeding lesions in the duodenum which the doctor stapled. His stools have presented themselves with a little blood in them the last 2 days. He is scheduled for a colonoscopy and another endoscopy in 4 weeks time. The specialist can offer me no explanation whatsoever as why my son has this condition. It is very unusual for a young adult to have this. can u help
Asked On : Wed, 29 Aug 2012