16 year old, worried about low height, taken vitamin D, no improvement. Will I have growth spurt?

Hi there, My name is kenny, i am 16 i am 155 cm tall! my father is 178cm i have been to the doctors, and questioned them about my height, they said maybe i do not have enough vitamin D inside my body, i dont think i have had my growth spurt. i am really worried, because my friends and peers around me are probably 10-15cms taller. can you please help me? ive been taking vitamin D for about almost a month. but not seen any result of growth sadly. will i have my growth spurt? Yours truly Kenny!
Asked On : Tue, 2 Oct 2012
Dear Kenny,

I can understand your concern. I have no idea what your doctors told you except for possible calcium deficiency.

However, may I reassure you that in some, the growth in height may be slow in the initial stages of adolescence, followed by a rapid growth spurt beyond 16 years of age. The height continues to increase till the age of around 18. So, you need not be unduly bothered about your growth, for the time being.

But I will certainly advise you to get your Thyroid hormone profile done. Also, it would have been of great help if you had mentioned about the growth of secondary sexual characters (moustaches, hair in the arm pits and around the pubic area, enlargement of sexual organs etc..)

Anyway, you may revert back to me in case there is lack of development of secondary sexual characters.

Remember, be happy under all circumstances