16 year old obese with pain in the leg. Chances of pulmonary embolism or DVT?

I m a 16 year old female and I m obese. I ve been having pain somewhat in my right leg. I feel it mostly like it s in the socket of my hip/ pelvis since the summer.Then down my calf or the back of my thigh. It sometimes hurts when I sit and when I try to stretch it out. I ve thought of two possibilities, sciatic nerve pain , or Deep- Vein Thrombosis . I do not have medical insurance, so my parents are hesitant to take me to the hospital. Lately, I ve been trying to exercise and stretch it out, but the pain has actually gotten worse. After researching more about DVT, I ve been worrying about the possibility of a blood clot dislodging and resulting in a pulmonary embolism or other problems. With that, I can t fall asleep without panicking. My heartbeat quickens from the anxiety and then I scare myself even more by thinking it s from the DVT or something. I would just like some thoughts on this to maybe ease my mind in the meantime.
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013