16 year old having slight bleeding from belly button. No pain. Causes?

My 16 year old son noticed a little bit of blood on his white t-shirt. He lifted his shirt to look and noticed a lttle bit of blood right next to his belly button. I took a q tip, wetted it (with plain water) and carefully swiped into the belly button. It did come out slightly pink, but not profusely bleeding . He s expiriencing no pain.
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic,
The bleeding from belly button may be due to some unnoticed trauma which caused minor abrasion inside the belly button.
You observe for any discharge or foul smelling to rule out any infection.
Because of rubbing belly button by clothes also lead to bleeding.
If bleeding continues, any any infection present consult your doctor for examination and some times local infection needs topical antibacterial oinment application.
Hope I have answered your query.