16 year old having gurgling sound coming from ribs while singing. What could be the cause?

My 16 year old daughter has developed a curious gurling/squelching noise which she gets when she is singing (her singing teacher was quite alarmed by it). It seems to be associated with breathing in deeply and comes from her left side below her ribs. She doesn t experience the problem at any other time but can do it at will by standing and breathing in deeply. She finds it off putting and is concerned about the cause.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012
Feb 2013

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Her respiratory system has to be examined by a pediatrician.

If needed a chest x ray will rule out significant problem.

In some lung conditions, the voice or vocal sound may transmit to the chest wall through the lung tissue.

Therefore I advise you to consult the pediatrician for physical examination including the auscultation of lungs with an chest x ray.

Hope I have answered your query.