16 year old having black and white spots on tonsils. Family history of cancer. Tested negative for mono and strep. Chances of cancer?

know its VERY rare for a 16 year old to have tonsil cancer , but cancer does run very strongly in my family. For about a couple weeks i ve had a pretty good sized black and white sore on my right tonsil and its very large and painful. Also its swollen. The doctor had NO IDEA what it was and tested negative for mono and strep . I m just really worried please tell me that i m crazy for even considering cancer? and any other idea s to what it could be?
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012