16 weeks pregnant, cold, cough, fever, Dolo 650 safe to take ?

Hi, I am16 weeks pregnant. I have cold, cough and fever, Is it ok to take Dolo 650?
Asked On : Sun, 11 Mar 2012

Hi there. Thank you for posting your question with Healthcaremagic. I will do my best to help you.

At 16 weeks gestation your baby will be all put together. So from that aspect of things Dolo 650 is fine. It will not cause any congenital defects.

That said however, one needs to bear in mind that any medication that you take your baby inside will also a dose of that medication.

A better question might be: do you really need to take anything for a viral illness? You could just ride this out with lots of fluids and rest.

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.

Dr Andrew Rynne.