16 month child having runny nose, green and yellow mucus in ear. Should I be worried?

My 16 month old son has had a runny nose for the past week and a half. Yesterday morning he woke up with green/yellow mucus in his ear. The runny nose comes put of the left nostril , but has gotten better. The ear mucus is coming out of his right ear. I called the dr this last Wednesday, and the earliest he could see him was the 23rd. Should I be worried, and take him somewhere else to be seen earlier? YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012