16 month child having abscess like pimple on bottom. Feels hot to touch. Given antibiotic. What to do?

I have a 16 month old little girl with what a believe is an abscess on her bottom. It looked like a pimple yesterday but has spread to the size of a little bigger than a half dollar, red, her temp is 100.6. It has been very hot here. I have kept her out of a diaper most of the day, cleaned the area and now have a soak on it while she is sleeping. Children s Advil q8hrs, and epsom salt bath. Has a hx of what was thought to be an abscess before under her leg near her bottom, but I was uncertain. Took the antibiotic for 10 days and was cleared by doctor,. Is there anything else I can do to bring it to a head or get it to resolve?
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012