16 days late with 3 negative test. so What could be the cause for delayed periods even after pregnancy tests shows negative ?

hi there. I m 16 days late on my period. i ve taken three test and all three come back negative. i ve been experiencing on and off light cramps on the left hand side of my pelvic. do you think something is wrong as the test are saying i m not pregnant . what could be the cause of my delayed period. only time ive been late before was 4 days late and i was pregnant with my son, so really unsure to whats wrong. i ve had my periods around the 27th of each month so i m really confused. please any advice would be appreciated. lynsey
Asked On : Fri, 11 Feb 2011
hi,thanks for query.The test today are very sensitive and can pick pregnancy very early.There could be other reasons for delay in periods like anxiety,some hormonal imbalance,some drugs taken etc.Please talk to your doctor and get your self examined.After examination he will give some drugs which can lead to withdrawal bleeding.
wishing you good health.