15yrs old. 5.8 ft in height. Want to grow 6.0 ft tall. Diet to grow tall?

hello,I m 15 and my name is abhishek.I m a guy who is 5 8 in height.I want to be 6 0 tall.,most probably I may reach it as my dad is 6 0..BUT i do alot of outdoor sports like cycling and football.Will this affect my growth?And also do boys stop their growth at 18? I v heard that some even grow up till their early 20s,is that possible. And...can you give me some tips about the food that I v to take in so I can receieve the necessary nutrients.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

The outdoor sports will do nothing but enhance your growth. Involve yourself in sports that will increase or promote your growth like swimming, basketball, stretches, etc.

Males tend to grow till the age of 21-24 years.

Diet can include more of protein, which will surely help in promotion of growth, and help in making your muscles stronger to help with growth. Include a lot of milk, dairy products, vegetables, meat, and fruits in your diet.

You are a young teenager, and have a long way to go. You will surely grow another 2-4 inches without having to do anything. Add exercise and specific diet to it, and you might even outgrow your father.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.