15 year old having sleeplessness. Family history of diabetes. Should I be worried?

Hi I m 15 and have trouble with my sleeping as I can never get to sleep at night, I have tried loads of different remedies but nothing seems to work. But on the other hand when I do get to sleep I don t wake up and have slept for a full 24 hours before. Other issues that related to this is that I drink allot and do allot of sport also I am constantly hungry. My father has diabetes but of than this I have never shown any signs of having it myself. I m not sure what to do as I even can t sleep with prescribed sleeping pills but I am afraid to take them as I do not wake up, but also when I am asleep it is a very deep sleep and would be able to sleep through a fire alarm. Is there anything you can recommend? thank you
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013