15 weeks pregnant, effect of drinking cold water and placing laptop on lap while working on baby

i m living in Lagos Nigeria,and i m 15weeks pregnant. i ll like to know if drinking ice cold water can affect my baby,also i would want to know if placing my laptop on my laps while working with it can affect my baby.
Asked On : Thu, 22 Mar 2012
Drinking cold water will certainly not affect your baby as the water will go into your stomach & intestines, not your uterus. Placing a laptop on the tummy may not be a good idea even if it is very light. There can be power( electricity) surges which can harm the foetus. Also am not sure if overheating of the laptop will harm the baby too. And then there is the radiation factor from the components. Try keeping the laptop on a trolley which does not rest directly on your tummy. Best of luck with your pregnancy.