15 month old child, injury on lips, chin, swelling on nose. Applied ice. Treatment?

My 15 month little boy was playing outside and fell going up the concrete stairs. He fell on his face. His nose didn t bleed but the huge scraps are. He also did his lip and chin . He cried which he usually doesn t so I know he is in pain. I tired to apply ice but he won t let me keep it on, his nose is so swollen could it b broken? What can I put on his nose and lips if anything I don t want him to scar either.
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Application of ice is a good option.Swelling of the nose should be investigated.It may be broken.Go for an X ray.
Give him a paracetamol syrup round the clock.
Consult your local physician.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing your child a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.