147 pound weight, don't exercise, lots of blisters on feet, avoid junk food, drink a lot of water

Hi, I m a 16 year old female, my height s 5 5 , and I weigh 147 pounds. I don t exercise much, because I always end up getting a LOT of blisters on my feet . I barely eat, and I avoid junk food and don t drink a lot of sodas anymore. I drink a LOT of water everyday, atleast 1 and a half litres. How do I lose a few pounds, in a healthy way, and maintain it that way?
Asked On : Wed, 23 May 2012
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
Hello dear, U need to loose 7-8 pounds more. for this work out is the best solution. If you get blisters on your feet you can use jogging shoes having soft soles. secondly you can go for brisk walks instead of any hard exercises. you can start yoga. Aerobics for shorter duration is also helpful. have more food rich in anti oxidants like green vegetables, broccoli, carrots, spinach, cabbage, blue berries, vit-E, carotene, cauliflower etc.. Wish you a healthy life ahead..
Dietitian & Nutritionist Ranjani R's  Response
Hi Aanchal, welcome to HCM.

Your weight to hieght ratio is fine. You might have to just work on losing may be just 2-3 kilos and maintain the same. You can try at least walking everyday if not any other exercise just to give your body that activity. With regards to diet, consume a healthy breakfast which contains cereals pulses dairy products. Never skip breakfast. Also consume at least two servings of fruits and vegetables everyday. Whenever you feel hungry try having salads, fruits and vegetables as much as possible. Avoid fatty and fried foods. You should drink at least 2-3 litres of water and preferably warm/hot water which will help better in fat loss. Ensure you do not starve and you are only going to eat healthy.

Good luck!!!