14 year old having painful cyst on the lower back. Taking motrin for sore throat and menstrual cramps. What is the treatment?

Hi... I am an rn.. My 14 yo daughter is c/o pain in the area just above her buttocks where a pilot ideal cyst would form. There is no redness and it does not appear swollen nor is there drainage. She states it is painful while sitting and pain began this am. She is currently taking 600mg of Motrin for a sore throat and menstral cramps . Would you advise using heat or ice as an additional therapy?
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012