14 month old, having loose motions, prescribed Bacigyl. Repeated stool test show pus cells, advised Amikacin inj. Is it necessary ?

Hi, Im AAAAAA I have a baby girl 14 months old. To tell you her history: 1) 20th Dec 12 - She was suffering from loose motions. 2) 3rd Jan 13 - Stool test said: Musuc-present, Pus-15-20/hpf, RBC-absent., fat bodies - present & undigested vegetable cells (+). Medicine given - Bacigyl 3.5ml twice for 6 days. 3) then she got cured, meaning loose motions stopped. but after few days again loose motions started. 4) 24th Jan 13 - Stool test said: Musuc-present, Pus-100-120/hpf, RBC-occasional, Macrophages- occasional. medicine given Bacigyl 3.5ml twice for 6 days. 5) since than she did not have any loose motions. however doctor advised for repeat stool test after the course was over. 6) 2nd Feb 2013 - Stool test said: Musuc-present, occult blood - present, Pus-100-150/hpf, RBC-occasional, Macrophages- occasional. medicine given, Paraxim 5ml thrice. for 6 days. 7) repeat stool test after 6 days - 9th Feb 13 - Stool test said: Musuc-present, occult blood - present, Pus-200-250/hpf, RBC-2-3, Macrophages- occasional. 8) My querry is that, now my baby is having no loose motions /7 is very active with no problems since past 12 days. still the stoll shows pus. now doctor has recommended Injection Amikacin for 7 days, 1 per day. question1- If my baby is having normal motions & is very active & gaining weight, is this injection necessary? question 2- i have read that Amikacin injection have many side effects like kidney problem & hearing loss . is it safe for my baby? plz help, feel totally lost.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013