14 month old having diarrhea and constipation, tiredness. Drinks only lactose free milk. Causes ?

My 14 month old son has been dealing with diarrhea and constipation for about a month now. It s usually one or the other nothing in between. He has also been extra cranky and tired all the time. Well this past week he has has diarrhea and today his last bowel movement was watery and white. Should I be worried that it s something serious and also what could be causing this. He doesn t drink juice and he only drinks soy or lactose free milk.
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012