14 month baby having cough, flu, fever and diarrhea. What is the cure ?

my son is 14 months old with 11 kgs weight... he has a cough, flu , fever and diarrhea last week after swimming..the cough comes with lots of phlegm .my local doctor prescribed him with abbotic granules clarithomycin 125mg/5m.to begiven twice a day 2.5 ml....i have finished the antibiotics and he is much better now with no fever but sometimes he still cough with phlegm and i can hear sound while he breath .. the local doctor ask me to get another bottle of abbotic to make his phelgm cleared.do i need to continue the abbotic? is it safe? im just worry about overdose of antibiotics since he has never consume any medicine before.thanks
Asked On : Fri, 16 Sep 2011