13 yr old running fever, red blotches all over like rash, not going down. Time period for viral ?

my 13 yr old daughter started running fever Wed and its now Sunday....its ranged from 99 to 103. Always differnnt......took her to er thurdsay night and blood work was done and flu test....he said she had a viral infection, also, she has red blotches all over her like a rash .....they gave her benadryl , but didnt seem to work. He said he thought it might be a fever rash and that lots of kids all over are getting these viral infections and not to worry. Im starting to worry about her fever not going away after going on the 5 day. how long can a viral infection fever last? Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 21 Nov 2012