13 year old with blood in urine. Treated with antibiotic. Recurring infection. Asked to consult a nephrologist. Reason?

Hi, my 13 year old daughter has had gross blood in her urine in August of this year and they treated her w an antibiotic . It went away in 48 hours. She complained w a weird feeling when she urinated like not burning but an odd sensation. She started w the same symptoms about 4 and half months later and I took her back to her ped. This time they said that they didnt think it was uti bc the culture didnt grow anything. She has no protein or high blood pressure but they did a ct scan for stones or structure shape and it came back neg. now we have to see a nephrologist . Should I be concerned?? Oh and she is a cheerleader that climbs in girls shoulders this year????
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012