13 year old having nausea in the night. Is this hormone related?

This is about my 13 year old daughter. She is very healthy in every way, is 5 3 & 135 lbs. She is fine during the day but at night time she gets waves of nausea and feels like she is going to vomit but never does. So this worries, her, about throwing up in bed. One time she had a bm and then was able to sleep. I wonder if this is hormone related as it always seems to happen near her period start? She takes Maalox and that helps some. What do you think???? Thank you, a concerned mom
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012