13 stitches put inside wrist, recovered well, no pain. Bent hand after splint was off, raised painful bump. Why ?

My 13 year old son had 13 stitches put in the inside of his wrist 6 days ago after putting it through a window. No tendon or vascular damage. He has done quite well and had little to no pain in the past week. Today he had the splint off of his wrist for a short while and without thinking bent his hand outward. He said it was quite painful. I can see no evidence of torn skin or sutures. However there is a raised bump below the cut and the stitches that he says is quite painful. No real discoloring at the site. The site has shown no signs of infection over the past week and I am quite confident that this is not and infection as he did not have the lump this morning and did when he got home from school. It is not pink nor discharging and fluid ie; puss. Might he have torn something on the inside that I can t see?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013