13 months old. Legs became week, body lowered while walking. Prescribed iron supplements. Right medication?

My son is 13 months. Yesterday, I noticed that while walking, his legs became weak. He did not fall however his body lowered; yet he maintained his balance and continued walking. It happened about 5-6 times. I monitored him throughout the evening. It happened once more after his bath. At his one year checkup, the pediatrician stated that his iron was low and prescribed an iron supplement , however I have yet to give it to him.
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012