13 month old sticking out tongue constantly, low body weight, excessive drooling. Anything wrong?

I have a 13 month old grandson who over the past two weeks has begun to stick his tongue out constantly. It is not just slightly out, but straight out. He recently had lab work done due to a little below normal weight gain (he does weigh 18 lbs 4 ozs). He drools excessively, does not eat solid foods very well and has difficulty drinking from a sippy cup. He is able to drink from a bottle but does take breaks.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jun 2012