13 month old has been vomiting, no weight gain, prescribed Domestal. Reaction to medicine ?

Hi, My 13 month old daughter has been vomiting ever since the early month(3 months onwards) But since she was gaining weight till 9 months, it was not given too much concern from our pediatrician . However after 9 months she has not gained any weight (actually lost abt 300gm). So now the doc suspects GER and prescribed Domestal syrup on empty stomach 3 times a day. But whenever I administer that, she has an immediate urge to vomit and empty her digestive juices buy gagging herself. But she becomes fine, after I start feeding. Is this expected reaction to the medication? Is the diagnosis correct. When I called the doc and informed her, she asked me to discontinue domestal & give ondem instead. Please advice , Birth weight was: 2.9 kg At 9 months: 7.8 kg At 13 months: 7.5 kg She active and started to walk at 12 months of age Regards, AAAA
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012