13 month old. Having runny smelly stool. Diet changed. Problem still the same. Is it normal?

My 13 month old daughter was initially having runny smelly poo for the last 4 days. Today I changed her diet to basically starchy food (rice, bread etc) and although her poo has firmed up, its still quite soft and most obviously, the poo appears to be alot more on the nose than normal. I am having her poo analysed as we visited our local GP yesterday. However, I would like to understand what might be changing the smell of her poo. Apart from being pale, she seems to be normal.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013