122 Pounds Weigh 2 Much??

Am I Over Weight If I Am 12, I Am 5 Foot 5 Inches Tall And I Weigh 122 Pounds And 6 Ounces?? Is That Normal, Under, Or Over Weight?
Asked On : Sun, 4 Apr 2010
Hi.......dear user..,
welcome to HCM...,
Thanks for query..,
Age is not criteria here...,
only height to weight is important...,
Your height is 5 feet (152 cm ), 5 inches (12.7cm) ....totally 164.7cm..
Your ideal weight according to this height is....164-100= 64-10%= 58..,
Average weight is between 54 to 60 kilograms ...i.e..127 pounds....
Hence your weight near to ideal..,
so why you are worrying about your weight....,
Maintaining your this .., concentrate on your studies...,
get good result o.k good luck
  Anonymous's Response

I wouldn't begin to worry unless you are older and know you are living an unhealthy lifestyle.  When I was 12 yrs. old, I was 126 by the time I was in 8th grade I was 140 and that was pretty much the weight I kept all of high school.  I was athletic and not curvy but I had a reputation for looking really good and people didn't really believe I was 140 but to this day that is what my drivers license states as my weight.  Have fun at 12 yrs. old and always balance your life with healthy eating habits and activities.

General & Family Physician Dr. Aparna Kohli's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic forum. Your BMI is 20.3 and currently your BMI is at the 76th percentile for your age. This means that currently you have a healthy weight. It is important for you to maintain this healthy weight in order for you to have long and healthy life. Further. it would also help you prevent important lifestyle related diseases such as diabetes, heart disease etc.
Healthy food habits such as taking a balanced diet go a long way in helping teens accomplish these goals. A balanced diet would typically contain nutrients from all types of food sources such as bread, lean meats, poultry, fish, lentils, and beans, fruits, vegetables and low-fat or non-fat milk or dairy products. The diet should ideally contain plenty of vegetables, fruits, and whole-grain products,
Remember to drink lots of water, limit sugar-sweetened beverages and limit consumption of sugar and saturated fat.
Additionally, you should also participate in atleast 60 minutes of moderate physical activity on most days of the week, ideally everyday. Moderate physical activities would include playing tag, jumping rope, playing soccer, swimming and dancing.
Hope this helps.
  Anonymous's Response

At 12 and this height its is fine i guess, I am 14 and 5.2 feet, and I weigh 127 mom is not worried.

no bitch ur not overweigh

stupid fuckin complainer

u know how much that freakiin hurt me!!!!!!!!!!

i'm 5'1 and i weigh 150

i eat healthy i excersise everyday i drink lots of tea and water and nothing happens no matter what i try i just keep gaining 

so get ur facts right you stupid asswipe your kind of underweigh