12 year old having haziness in vision. Due to strain?

My daughter is 12 years old two days back all of a sudden she complained of haziness in her eyes(nothing is clear) i immediately took her to the specialist he examined and said it is due to strain (as it is her Exams time) there is some spasm he prescribed for some medicines but it is the second day her condition is still the same please advice

Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

One of the causes of such sudden problems could be stress.

Since your doctor examined her and said that every thing is normal try and reduce her stress.

Help her to cope up with the stress.

If the symptoms recur then consult your doctor.
Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Pediatrician Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal's  Response

Thank you for your query.

If the specialist has examined the eyes of your daughter and said that the vision is normal then he must have seen some reflexes and hence based his opinion. You need to discuss with your daughter and try to alleviate the reason of stress of the examinations which will help her. You need to be patient while handling her with this issue.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your daughter an early recovery.

Rajiv K Khandelwal
Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Stress could be a cause in such situation...but it is generally a diagnosis of exclusion.
Who was the specialist, who saw? - Eye specialist or Child specialist?
However, as there is no improvement, as the onset is sudden - it is better to get the child examined by the child ensure there is no problem from Heart and Nervous system / and eye specialist for refraction and fundus..

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck