11 years old,Uncoordination when playing sport,hand tremor,lack of output when it comes to writing tasks.concerned ?what is the reason?

My daughter is 11 years old, and seems to be fairly unco-ordinated when playing sport. She also has a hand tremor which was picked up by a school nurse. Her handwriting is not good, and she takes a long time to write anything (5 lines in 50 minutes at school!). Her teacher is now concerned about the lack of output when it comes to writing tasks and the fact that she is so easily distracted. She is keen to try her on a computer instead of handwriting to see if there is a difference. We are limiting the amount of screen time she has (iPod, computer, TV), and trying to encourage activity instead. Her teacher says she is a smart girl and always contributes well at school, but needs constant reminders to focus on her work. Her homework standard is falling because she can't seem to concentrate on a task long enough to get it done. I'm wondering about whether this is all connected in some way, and whether there is some sort of brain developmental issue. What can we do to help her? Our local doctor doesn't seem concerned but we, as her parents, are VERY concerned about her future and going to high school next year.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013