11 year old with piercing pain in the palm with swelling. Due to strain?

My eleven year old daughter who is very athletic and healthy was sitting at the desktop computer and suddenly had a piercing persisting pain in her left palm. We are icing it and the swelling are going down. She did some snow shoveling and played her trumpet for about 45 minutes earlier today, but nothing overly strenuous.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013
Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
Due to undue exertion the little child got straining of hand muscle ( by shoveling )
This muscle fiber rupture is paining , so need not to worry.
Rest of 2-3 days will complete cure.
Give her serratiopaptidase 10 mg 1-1+ pain killer ( 1-2 only).
Ice massaging is good .
Good luck.
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014
Hi and welcome to HCM

The symptoms you have described are more likely to be symptoms of muscles strain.
To get relief from the pain and for quick healing, I advice her to-
Do hot fomatation at the site.
Apply local anti-inflammatory gel 2-3 times a day.
Do not lift weight or try to do exercise that involve painful muscles. Give proper time for the injury to heal.
Hope this will helps you. Take care.
You can consult me again directly through my profile