11 year old pain at the base of the skull, headache, nausea and vomiting. Rash on the face with reddish throat. What is the diagnosis?

My 11 year old son has had pain at the base of his scull, a headache and nausea with vomiting . He has a red rash on his face and red red throat. His throat is not sore. He has a normal temp. Strep and flu come back negative. Doc took blood and urine and said everything came back fine. Said its mot meningitis bc his rash and eyes dont fit the profile. Were going to try a new set of doctors tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated bc the doctors seemed very puzzled today. Gave him an IV, motrin and zofran and sent him home.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013