11 year old on steroid shots for allergies and respiratory problems. Knot and painful bruise at the injection site. Anything can be done?

My 11 year old daughter received an 8/80 steroid shot because of extreme allergies and respiratory problems. That was 4 days ago. Minutes after the shot, she was crying from pain. The clinic iced it, and the pain seemed to subside. Since then, she will periodically (quite frequently) cry out in pain. There is a knot and a bruise . The knot isn t visible, only to the touch. She says it feels like a stabbing pain that comes and goes.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013