11 year old having persisting cough. Taking deriphylline. Suffering from vomiting. Pharyngitis diagnosed. Advice?<br>

My brother of 11 years suffering from cough for last 4 months,local doctor gave him antibiotics . But the cough has recurred.Peditrics specialist gave him deriphylline 300 mg thrice for 5 days.His weight is 55 kg. He has no respiratory distress.He has takeen it for 3 days.HE is suffering from vomiting,fever for last 3 days. ENT specialist diagnose this to be pharyngitis and asked us to stop deriphylline.She has given antibiotics and cetrizine.
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012