11 year old has painful bony outgrowth in the glenoid region of scapula, family history of osteochondroma, sarcoma. Chances of osteo cancer?

My son has a very painful bony out growth in the glenoid region of his right scapula . He has just turned eleven yesterday. The bony growth developed in approx 2 weeks and feels like bone and cannot be maipulated. We do not have a family history of osteochondroma , sarcoma , or any other. I brought him for an xray 2 days ago and though the results are in, no one has called to tell me what they are. What are the chances of an osteo cancer at his age?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012