11 year old getting white raised itchy spots on the elbows. What are these?

My son has the same white raised itchy spots (bumps) about a mm in diameter as Carrie.caruso but not the other stuff. They are on the outside of both elbows (for more than a year) and the skin over one of his achilles tendons (about a month). He suffers from mild asthma and takes medication for that occasionally (not currently) and gets hayfever in the spring. Apart from that he is a healthy 11 year old boy with a good diet , living environment and generally happy life.
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012