11 weeks pregnant, high BP. Prescribed ascard, normal BP. Safe to take medication?

hi i am 11 weeks pregnant now. I had PIH (high blood pressure ) in my previous pregnancy but the delivery was absolutely normal. i never had any miscarriage . Inspite of this my Dr has given me ascard 75mg from now on, even i m hving normal B.P now. Can u tell me is tht fine to take it from these early months? Moreover wht r the side effects of this medicine?. Like i felt drowsiness when i was taking Aldomet in previous pregnancy. Will i feel the same dizziness??
Asked On : Thu, 25 Oct 2012