11 weeks pregnant, has two pet guinea pigs. Will caring for them cause any harm to the foetus?

hi i m 11 weeks pregnant, I have 2 guinea pigs and I m not sure if I meant to be around them. If someone takes care of them for a few months would I be affected or would the baby inside me be affected? and for the person who take care of the guinea pigs would they end up with any diseases or something, I would really appreciate your answer.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013
If proper hygiene is maintained then there should be no reason why you cannot be around the pigs. Make sure the animals are healthy though.