11 months old baby girl and barely eats anything.

Hi, my daughter is almost 11 months old and she barely eats anything. She eats a good breakfast (yogurt and fruit) but refuses lunch and dinner. She does like her snacks (cheerios, goldfish crackers, etc.) She only takes in three 6oz cups of formula a day - she refuses anything else. I am worried, especially for when we switch to whole milk. How can I get her to eat more solids without cutting back on formula (she only takes in 18oz!)
Asked On : Sun, 6 Feb 2011
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Once your daughter has a good breakfast it is enough to carry her through the day till 4 pm and also since she has crackers;cheerios;and may even have chocolates some times she gathers enough calories for her to be healthy.Along with that she has 3 cups of formula so the content she has is fine for her age.Since he does not have lunch and dinner you will have to cut down on her crackers;cheerios;and other extra food so that she feels the need to have lunch and dinner.You should not give any food at least 2 hours before lunch and dinner.There is no reason to worry just try to change the timing of food and she should be fine.
Pediatrician Dr. Vibin K V's  Response
welcome to Health Care Magic,
the way you mentioned, it seems like she is filling her stomach with other foods. cut down on her junk food. let her eat at frequent intervals not necessarily 3 times a day. make her food more interesting like in colourful plates & cups & make her curios, she will eat well