11 month old diagnosed with amoebiasis in the stool test. Treating with metronidazole. No fever, have diarrhea. Need advice

My baby almost 11 months old of age has diagnosed in stool test positive of amebiasis last Friday night I started to treat him a metronidazole and the pediatric said if after 3 days if my baby still have diarrhea we should also give him a contrimaxizole because of the puss cellis also high ? My baby was first infected by amoeba when he was 5 months old even he was breast feeds until now he is breast feed.please give me some advise but he has no fever
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012