11 month old born with raised hard bumpy spots on the body. Is it a skin disorder?

At my day care center I observed an 11 month old boy with a 1 x 1/2 inch weal on the back of his neck . It was raised with a bumpy texture, light in color and was surrounded by a reddened area. It was firm to the touch and did not seem to cause the child any pain. I also saw similar flattened spots elsewhere on the childs body, some pale and other slightly darker than skin color. I was told by another daycare provider that he had a skin disorder he was born with. What are the most likely candidates?
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013