10 year old underweight girl having reddish patches on the leg. Cause?

My 10 year underweight grandaughter has red/purplish flat blood dots on both of her front thighs that have just appeared a day or so ago. They do not itch . No change today in the size. They are not bruises. She is not very active and has always had pain in her ankles and reminds you of someone with arthritus. She has been checked out in the past by doctors but they say no arthritis . Runs funny and very slow. Very beautiful and smart young lady and has no other physical issues.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012