10 year old having throbbing and burning pain in the feet. Veins on the feet are swollen and hot. Using ice packs. Need further information

Hi, now and then my ten year old daughter has lots of pain in her feet . She describes it as a throbbing, burning pain. The feet are hot to touch and the veins on the top of her feet become very swolen. This lasts for about fifteen minutes. We try and raise her legs and add ice packs wrapped in a teatowell to alleviate the pain, this helps. I would like to know the cause however, as it is very distressing for us all. Would like to know how we can prevent it happening anymore! Would appreciate your thoughts, thanks,
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012