10 month old with low grade fever. Typhoid suspected. Cefixime and ziprax prescribed. Dosage?

Hi - my child who is 10 months old is getting low grade fever (ranges from 99.7 - 101.7) since last 6 days. From the blood report the doctor has a doubt that it might be typhoid. We are waiting for the blood culture report (should be available in 2-3 days), but i wanted to take your opinion in the meantime. Our local pediatrician has prescribed (Cefixime) Ziprax 100 (100mg / 5ml) to be taken 5ml per day * 2 times (morning and evening). I am a bit confused as i have not been able to find the exact dosage for the medicine online. Is the dosage for Ziprax 100 (100mg / 5ml) correct or is it more?

My boy weights 8.3 kgs.

What are the side effects / negative effects of overdosage of this medicine?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013